Sunrise Services is expanding and as such is looking to hire 2 additional Human Resource Generalists.
General Responsibilities: Work directly with and support program directors to achieve business and personnel objectives. Assist the Human Resources Director in the development and implementation of Human Resource (HR) programs in support of the company objective of matching employees and clients, to promote maximum self-determination and independence of clients.
Essential Functions: (Tasks, Responsibilities, and Competencies. May not include all duties of this job.)
- Under the direction of the HR Director collaborate with recruiters, department directors and supervisors to achieve recruitment objectives.
- Ensure company compliance with a broad array of state and federal laws governing employment, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, wage and hour laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, and civil rights laws.
- Advise and assist supervisors with employee performance issues. Assist supervisors in preparing evaluations, provide advice on performance coaching and disciplinary issues, conduct termination meetings, and assist supervisors in administering discipline.
- Conduct employee relation activities. Investigate and respond to employee complaints, mediate disputes between employees and supervisors, advise supervisors and employees on communications issues, and conduct selected exit interviews.
- Adhere to and promote the company’s affirmative action/equal opportunity employment efforts: monitor recruitment efforts, collect and process affirmative action data, prepare required reports, and respond to complaints of harassment or unlawful discrimination.
- Participate in the Safety Program and Safety Committee. Provide guidance and leadership as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
- Facilitate a wide variety of meetings, including meetings between/within workgroups, planning, and problem-solving meetings.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of employee training programs to meet program requirements and to ensure that proper support is available to clients.
- Assist with supervisory training on personnel issues, including interviewing, performance coaching and evaluations, discipline, sexual harassment, and HIPAA.
- Help maintain and audit personnel files and related records.
- Write job descriptions for new positions and revise existing job descriptions as needed. Conduct classification reviews as assigned.
- Participate in reviewing and revising employee handbook as needed, to promote company goals, legal compliance, and a client-centered focus.
- Write and edit reports, letters, and other documents for Human Resources Director on employment-related issues.
- Draft, edit and prepare proposals for changes or additions to Human Resources documents and processes.
- Attend professional Human Resource meetings and remain abreast of personnel laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Administer, maintain, train, update and attend vendor meetings as related to Kronos.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience.)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other appropriate field; with significant course work in human resource management required. May substitute relevant work experience for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience: 3 years’ experience as Human Resource Generalist required. Experience in human services highly desirable.
- Current valid Washington Driver’s License.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Other Considerations:
- DSHS background clearance required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Human Resources laws, regulations, and practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Salary: $50,004 – $62,400 annual salary with benefits that include 50% matching 401 k Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates need apply at www.work4sunrise.com