The HR Certification Institute’s credentials are valued throughout the global HR industry because our exams test knowledge gained from experience working in the HR field as well as forward-thinking HR practices, policies and procedures that professionals are expected to know in order to perform their jobs effectively.
Prove that you have mastered and can successfully apply relevant human resource principles and disciplines throughout your career by obtaining HR credentials and maintaining them through recertification from the HR Certification Institute.
Choosing to obtain your HR credentials is a career-long commitment that demonstrates to your peers and your organization that you are driven to be successful in HR management. Earning your HR credentials can:
- Increase your professional confidence because you have validated that you know and can apply the core HR practices.
- Set you apart from your peers when applying for new professional opportunities.
- Result in greater respect from the organization in which you work.
More than 250,000 HR professionals worldwide have received their HR credentials from the HR Certification Institute. With three core certifications available, the HR Certification Institute is the leading independent, internationally recognized certifying body for the HR profession. Start your commitment to setting a higher standard for yourself and achieve your HR credentials from the HR Certification Institute.
PROFILE OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Because our exams test on experience-based knowledge, you must have a minimum of two years of professional HR experience and provide evidence that:
- At least 51% of your daily activities are within the HR function, and
- Those activities are at the exempt level (professional) as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act or its equivalent outside of the United States.
An ideal PHR candidate
- Has a tactical/logistical orientation.
- Focuses on program implementation rather than creation.
- Has two to four years of exempt-level (professional) generalist experience.
An ideal SPHR candidate
- Designs and plans rather than implements.
- Has extensive knowledge of all aspects of HR and ultimate responsibility in the HR department.
- Has four to eight years of progressive exempt-level (professional) experience.
For more information regarding the certification exam, please go to www.HRCI.org.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
There are many scholarship opportunities available for those pursuing HR certification. For instance, the SHRM Foundation offers a $750 scholarship to SHRM members pursuing a college degree or professional certification. Go to www.shrm.org/foundation to learn more about this program and how to apply.
SCHRA also has scholarships available for those pursuing certification. Please contact Sharon Lewis for more details.
SCHRA IS NOW A SHRM
HAVE A JOB OPENING?
Submitting a job here is free. Please complete the form below, and we will let you know when your job is posted.