Overview: (Job ID 2022-1450) Under general direction of the Manager of Human Resources – Employee Champions, independently performs a wide variety of complex, labor relations duties in support of the employee-employee-relations program; provides coordination, organization, review, analysis and technical support for grievance and discipline activities; assists in contract negotiations and develops innovative solutions to complex and sensitive employer-employee relations problems. Provides coordination, organization, review, analysis and technical support for grievance and discipline activities. Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Provides support and guidance to departments with represented staff regarding collective bargaining agreements to ensure actions are timely, fairly and equitably applied across the organization in accordance with contractual obligations and overall labor relations procedures and policies.
- Works collaboratively with labor unions and management to implement bargaining unit contract and build and maintain relationships with union and Agency representatives. Assists employees and managers with administration of the labor contract and handling of general grievances and establishing good partnership relationships with unions. Routinely resolves conflicts between parties.
- Assists the Manager of Human Resources in coordinating, developing, organizing and implementing a wide variety of labor relations activities.
- Oversees the contractual grievance process. Develops recommendations and gathers information needed for settlement and resolution. Facilitates discussion between parties in order to reach agreements. Drafts grievance dispositions and Memoranda of Understanding. Maintains all grievance records. Publishes standardized reporting of grievances and arbitrations.
- Analyzes and evaluates highly confidential and sensitive personnel matters, information or evidence related to bargaining or meeting and confer grievances; organize additional supportive evidence, background information and documentation, prepares statements of issues/charges and recommends appropriate action.
- Conducts special project work in various human resources functional areas including research and specialized analyses; develops statistical, financial and narrative reports. May work on or lead on, special projects or participates as a member of other teams.
- Investigates, analyzes and evaluates union complaints or arguments to determine viability. Mediates discussion between managers and employee representatives to reconcile differences. Addresses employee relations issues such as harassment allegations, work complaints or other employee concerns.
- Handles sensitive materials and confidential issues regarding bargaining, employee relations, payroll and personnel administration and information, interprets, explains and applies applicable sections of collective bargaining agreements and personnel policies, and other local, State and federal laws.
- Responds to labor-related information requests. Coordinates gathering and compiling documents. Tracks document distribution and payment.
- Represents human resources division on Labor/Management Relations Committee and other committees or teams. Provides administrative support to meetings. Takes and publishes meeting minutes.
- Serves as a member of the organization’s bargaining team at contract negotiations. Assists with developing the negotiation strategy. Provides technical assistance to the team. Takes bargaining session notes. Drafts contract language.
- Safely performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Click the link for the full job description and to apply.