Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. Manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Responsible for Human Resource functions including: employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, employment compliance, and work related injuries. Duties include the process of bi-weekly payroll.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Develops and administers Cascade Coffee policies and procedures, and carries out personnel objectives and programs.
- Acts on all issues relating to Human Resource functions.
- Administers hiring, firing, evaluation and other duties related to all company personnel.
- Counsels staff on job performance issues. Counsels management on proper handling of personnel issues. Engages in dispute resolution as necessary.
- Fields all queries related to payroll, benefits, job functions or job requirements.
- Creates safety guidelines and protocols, and assists in the administration of safety measures and initiatives. Responsible for all corporate safety related incidents and issues.
- Processes and approves LNI claims and other work related injury claims or investigations.
- Responsible for all record keeping relating to occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Responsible for bi-weekly processing of payroll and time clock administration, including the updating of vacation and sick leave as necessary.
- Administers the company’s 401(k) plan, healthcare benefits, COBRA and Washington State Unemployment filings.
- Oversees the areas of wage and salary administration, employee relations, equal employment opportunity and personnel administration.
- Responsible for all job descriptions, physical demand job analysis forms, and performance reviews as to their completeness, timeliness and thoroughness.
- Maintains all employee records in a complete and accurate fashion.
- Responsible to maintain and update employee handbook and all other Human Resources related employee resources and policies.
- Schedules or performs Human Resources related training for all employees company wide. Documents and tracks the same. Communicates training requirements to management.
- Responsible for all government reporting as it pertains to employment.
- Continually seeks to improve processes and to refine methods of job performance.
- Upholds and provides safe, high-quality, consistent products, and superior services that anticipate, meet or exceed the requirements of our customers.
- Complies with General Safety Communication Program.
- Performs any other duties/tasks that may be assigned to him/her on an as needed basis.
- Processing and reporting payroll.
- HR roles and Payroll process.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- See attached Physical Demand Job Analysis form.
- Ability to read, write, calculate math and withstand intense amounts of stress.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Ability to research and resolve complex management problems.
WORK ENVIROMENT AND EQUIPMENT:
- Intermediate computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Windows 7 Professional, ADP Workforce and other computer software.
- This job is an inside office job at corporate in a clean, warm and dry environment.
- This position may require work in a warehouse roasting facility that requires constant standing on concrete floors, exposed to loud equipment noise and subject to coffee dust strong odors.
- Personal protection equipment and other Good Manufacturing Practices are mandatory.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of professional experience or equivalent in Human Resources.
- Minimum 6 years practical experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, preferred.
- Ability to develop and draft Human Resource policies. Cascade Coffee, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program which was established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify new hired employment eligibility.
- Job Type: Full-time