POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources/HRIS Assistant provides administrative and general Human Resources support in the handling of a variety of personnel tasks including management of the HRIS system (Paylocity). The position reports to the Executive Director of WVS but will take directions and be under the supervision of the HR Generalist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HRIS & Reporting:Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database
- Recruitment:Support recruitment efforts for personnel within Western Washington sites
- New Hire Experience:Support the new hire experience, including on-boarding, orientation, entry into HRIS system, and check-ins with new hires.
- Benefits:Perform benefits administration including change reporting and communicating benefits information to employees. Administer leaves of absence and ensure applicable laws are followed and paperwork is submitted and filed in a timely manner
- Terminations:Process terminations and conduct exit interviews.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment benefits, laws, and regulations.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the Performance Management System. (Reviewsnap)
- Experience with office applications and software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and ATS in the maintenance of employee database records
- Benefits coordination experience
- Recruiting experience desired
- HR (Human Resources) experience required
- Willing to work as part of a team or independently and have the drive to take on a variety of tasks and projects
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Highly professional and able to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Approachable and appropriate behavior when interacting with personnel, clients, funding sources and vendors at all levels in a quickly changing environment
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and state required vehicle insurance and own reliable transportation. Some limited local travel required.
- Must be able to pass required Washington State Patrol and Department of Human and Social Services background checks.
- Must be able to obtain CPR/AID/First Aid (WVS will provide required training)
HRIS and related Systems Support:
- Knowledge of HR systems in support of data entry, reporting and compliance. Prior experience working with Paylocity or similar and Reviewsnap for performance management and reporting a plus.
Recruiting, On-boarding, Separation:
- Work with the Programs Staffs to review proposals for new hires
- Supports hiring managers with applicant sourcing, recruitment and hiring including efforts to develop and expand programs which will enhance WVS recruitment efforts such as:
- University relations
- Volunteer workers programs and Internships
- Conducts background checks, creates offer and change letters
- Coordinates and facilitates New Employee Orientation
- Assists new hires with first day paperwork and reviews new staff information
- Coordinates the separation process and conducts exit interviews
- Manages unemployment process, including COBRA administration via outsourced process
- Updates as directed the employee handbook and HR related policies
- Interprets HR administrative policies and procedures to employees
- Administers benefits information to new staff as well as those who become eligible for FT benefits
- Runs Paychex reports monthly for updated insurance/driving abstract and driver’s licensing records, background renewal dates.
- Ensures compliance of personnel files and reports as directed
- Intake and respond to ADA accommodation requests for employees
- Coordinates development of mandatory reports such as E-verify, OSHA and other regulatory matters as directed
- Administer the annual performance review and merit raise process, ensure job descriptions remain up to date and signed as part of the annual process.
- Responds to first level inquiries (in-person, phone, email) regarding employment policies, benefits, position vacancies
- Assists as directed the Annual Benefits open- enrollment process via retaining records and updates as required
- Collaborate with accounting staff to ensure HR databases are up to date and accurate
General Human Resources Office Support:
- Maintains Human Resources files in compliance with relevant regulations and internal processes
Bachelor’s degree and two to five years experience in Human Resources administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. HR Certification strongly desired (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to create a warm and welcoming environment and work with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of HR Policies, procedures and Labor Laws:
- Employment regulations normally obtained by prior work in an HR related field; especially as they relate to:
- State of Washington L&I matters for work rules, work incurred injuries and unemployment insurance
- Equal Employment Opportunity legislation/EEO employment and workplace regulations
- ADA/FLMA and other federal related regulations and their interpretation in the workplace
- Ability to provide appropriate sensitivity in complicated situations and to work with highly confidential issues, with discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain excellent phone etiquette, professional interpersonal skills and appearance,
- Focus on continuous process improvements.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized and with excellent follow-up skills. Includes excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as clients, family members of clients, vendors to foster positive relationships
- Detail oriented and self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision and work closely with a team while retaining a professional detachment given the sensitivity of an HR role.
- Possess and maintain current Driver’s License and retain auto insurance as the law requires.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Able to learn and operate web designing software and familiar with social media resources for engaging with external public for purposes of contacts with the public for recruitment, Agency event publicizing and other related reasons.
Background checks and Screening
Must be able to pass Washington State Patrol and DSHS background checks
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting in an office environment with a moderate noise level.
- Required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel to remote sites as needed or required.
- Must be able to use a computer and other office equipment.
- Required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form.
Employees of Washington Vocational Services are expected to maintain a professional image and attitude consistent with Company vision, mission and objectives. Employment with Washington Vocational Services will be in accordance with our “At-Will” policy. This means that just as you may leave your position with the Company at any time the Company may terminate your employment at any time.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and that it may be modified at any time. This job description does not create a contract of employment it is simply an outline of expected duties for the position.