SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides guidance for leadership and employees in the areas of recruitment, compensation, employee/labor relations, grievances, training and development, interpretation of applicable laws, rules and policies as well as other functions related to human resources management. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR related needs, communicates proactively with HR and business leadership, seeks to develop integrated solutions and forms partnerships across the business to deliver value added service to leaders and employees that reflect business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as liaison between assigned business units and human resources by representing the needs of the business units in the design of human resource programs and policies.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with Legal as needed.
- Partners with leaders to assist with sourcing and recruiting of candidates for all positions.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Conducts leadership training in various employee relations’ issues and performance management.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to leadership. Includes coaching, career development and counsel on disciplinary actions.
- Supports leadership in delivering performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies that will build morale, increase productivity and increase retention.
- Oversees and manages Equal Employment Opportunity program responsibilities. Conducts internal investigations as needed. Coordinates with Legal on agency charges.
- Ensures ATS Human Resources program goals and objectives are implemented and supported.
- Provides advice to leadership on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job description evaluations.
- May oversee an area of HR such as Recruitment or Leader Development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads or assists with special projects as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is prohibited from performing any safety sensitive functions to include the accomplishment or direct supervision of the following:
- Aircraft maintenance – This includes inspection, overhaul, repair, preservation, and the replacement of parts.
- Preventive maintenance – This includes simple or minor preservation operations and the replacement of small standard parts.
Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of required skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Carries out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out the job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to identify customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum of five (5) years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.