HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR
Housing Hope is the major non-profit developer of affordable housing and provider of human services in Snohomish County and Camano Island. Our mission is to promote and provide affordable housing and tailored services to reduce homelessness and poverty for residents of Snohomish County and Camano Island. We achieve this through a variety of interventions including social enterprises, children’s services, subsidized housing opportunities and services, and employment, education and training services.
Housing Hope is earnestly invested in dismantling the effects of systemic racism within our agency and contributing to this dismantling throughout Snohomish County and Camano Island. We are looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about serving people; a dedicated professional to assist in fulfilling our mission and advancing our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Housing Hope has a culture where interpersonal relationships are highly valued and supported. We also have a flexible work environment that respects and accommodates family needs and events.
This is a key position as the strategic leader of the Agency’s Human Resource and Administration departments. It also provides support to Information Technology. These duties are executed through the lens of an employee-oriented, diverse and strengths- based culture that exhibits teamwork, trust, and effectiveness so that everyone flourishes. The Human Resources & Administration Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer, serves on the executive management team, and assists and advises agency managers regarding Human Resources and Administrative Support.
In the Human Resources role you will:
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resources, including the development and implementation of agency policies and procedures,
- Provide strategic Human Resources planning and implementation for both non- profit services and infrastructure departments and for-profit orientated social enterprises (businesses with a double bottom line),
- Innovate and develop staff initiatives that drive engagement and productivity,
- Support a diverse array of leaders while balancing the needs of our
- Promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture,
- Oversee all benefits administration, including coordination of medical and dental plans and other benefits as needed,
- Collaborate with the leadership team to manage and develop staff training processes and systems,
- Lead recruiting and staffing efforts and proactively engage agency directors in establishing job descriptions and posting open positions,
- Be the primary resource to address staff workplace concerns including coaching, counseling and mediation between staff and managers, and
- Serve as staff resource to the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors, assuring compliance with Human Resources related governmental, financial and other legal requirements.
In the Administration Role you will:
- Provide support to the Information Technology Manager,
- Collaborate on and oversee the implementation of the strategic plan for information technology, and
- Oversee administrative support functions provided by the administrative team including front desk/reception and office supply
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field. MBA, or other advanced degree or the equivalent in additional years of experience in these fields is
- Minimum of 10 years progressive HR
- Minimum of 5 years managerial
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism initiatives as they relate to people, practices, policies, systems, and strategic visions.
- Conversant in Information
- Ability to remain current on often changing state and federal HR legal
- Experience working with and supporting remote and hybrid
- Clear and effective communication (written and verbal), with strong interpersonal
- Ability to be approachable, positive and passionate about our people and our
- Demonstrate an understanding of Trauma Informed Care and strengths-based staff development.
- Experience with supervision, training and personnel management
- Experience with management information
REPORTS TO: Housing Hope Chief Operating Officer
SALARY: $90,000-$120,000 annually
BENEFITS: Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b and more
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and extensively required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb, walk, sit, and talk or
- The employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 lbs. frequently. Items that are over 25 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Ability to work in a general office environment as well as outdoor environment. Possible exposure to weather—heat, wet, cold, wind, and
We at Housing Hope are trauma-informed and committed to excelling in creating a holistic, diverse, inclusive, uplifting and appreciative environment. We endeavor to be inter-culturally competent, and trauma informed in all our practices and procedures. This simply means that we are attentive to the needs of the workforce. We embrace and practice a high standard of diversity and inclusion and strive for equity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, status in regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.