Sunrise Services is growing and hiring two Human Resource Recruiting Assistants.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for assisting the Human Resource (HR) Department individual company departments in recruiting, screening, interviewing and hiring in support of the company objective of matching employees and clients to promote maximum self-determination and independence of clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- As instructed by the HR Director and HR Manger; collaborate with individual company departments to recruit, screen and hire for positions necessary to support clients, track job openings by client, site and program, respond to applicant questions, assist clients in completing online applications and represent the company at job fairs.
- Expand and increase recruiting networks, contacts and resources to strengthen company’s strategic vision for obtaining and sustaining the best possible employees for each individual available position.
- Ensure company compliance with a broad array of state and federal laws governing employment, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, wage and hour laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, and civil rights laws.
- Adhere to and promote the company’s affirmative action/equal opportunity employment efforts: monitor recruitment efforts for compliance with plan and current laws, collect and process affirmative action data, prepare required reports, respond to complaints of harassment or unlawful discrimination.
- Administer onboarding process from New Employee Paperwork and follow up to further ensure consistency and accuracy of documentation.
- Assist with training on personnel issues, including interviewing.
- Track and provide documents for HR Director on employment-recruiting related issues.
- Keep client interests and needs a central focus in all recruiting matters.
- Collaborate with HR Director, Generalist, Recruiter and individual departments in the area of contemporary recruitment trends and best practices.
- Conduct potential employee prescreening per predetermined department and program sites and HR Director Guidelines.
- Prepare and communicate potential employee information to designated department hiring managers in a timely and professional manner. Schedule department and potential employee interviews. Complete debrief at the conclusion of interview process and adjust criteria as required. Inform HR Director of all department and candidate progress on a weekly basis.
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in this job description or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (oral and written), listening, facilitation, negotiation, and mediation skills required; strong organization skills essential; attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, dependability, professional appearance and demeanor; a positive attitude is essential.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and remain calm in frequently stressful circumstances; ability to organize work and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with difficult clients.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing multicultural competency and sensitivity.
- Displays positive communication skills when involved in problem solving or disputes with other individuals or in groups
- Adherence to professional and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and commitment to developing multicultural competency and sensitivity.
Educational Requirements, Certifications and/or licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Relations, Public Management, or other appropriate field required
- Experience in human services highly desirable, but not required
- DSHS background clearance required.
- Current valid WA State Driver’s License
Salary: $18 – $19 per hour dependent on experience with benefits.
Apply at www.work4sunrise.com