The Washington State Department of Transportation’s Northwest Region (NWR) Office is looking for a skilled Human Resources professional to join our dynamic HR team. We offer a fast paced, challenging work environment, with the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn. This position will provide generalist support to Senior Human Resources Consultant(s) and assigned client groups. Duties will include, but are not limited to, benefits administration, retirement administration, employee relations, compensation, performance management, reasonable accommodation, and leave administration. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to solidify their foundational knowledge in HR to become a full-spectrum professional.
The Northwest Region Human Resources Office supports approximately 1,400 employees in Western Washington. Besides being an initial point of contact the incumbent independently responds to routine inquiries from employees and managers and ensures that human resources policies and procedures are implemented efficiently. The top candidate must be prepared to maintain acute attention to detail through a highly repetitive and often substantial daily workload. Additionally, the incumbent must possess the ability to quickly build, develop and maintain positive working relationships with diverse customer groups. You will use professional experience in human resources practices, policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreements to respond to inquiries, educate staff and communicate updates and changes.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree with focus on human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences, business or related field or any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with major course work in human resources, or a closely related field OR two or more years’ experience as a HR professional.
- 1 year experience applying general principles and practices in one or more areas of a human resource function such as: recruitment, compensation, benefits, leave of absence, employee/labor relations, training, or performance management.
- Professional experience communicating effectively in written and oral forms. Basic understanding of HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with managers and their employees on employee relations issues that are often sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain consistent and regular attendance, in order to meet customer needs and support pertinent deadlines.
Please note the deadline for applications is July 22nd. To view the entire posting and apply, please visit HRC 1