Under general guidance of the Director of Employee Engagement, translates the agency’s strategic mission and goals into agency-wide human resources strategy to support the overall business plan and create a positive employee experience. Also works other HR Managers to help implement Employee Engagement initiatives and goals. Manages the Agency Recruitment efforts and the HR Administrative Shared Services Center of Excellence.
Responsible for managing the team’s overall work, through full employee life-cycle, including onboarding, internal operations and employee experience. The incumbent will monitor productivity levels to help identify potential issues to improve efficiency. Ensures work efficiencies within and across department. Responsible for cross-functional collaboration within and outside of the Employee Engagement Department to ensure this role helps bridge connections across people operations teams to drive operational excellence. Works in close partnership with the Director of Employee Engagement and other HR Managers to ensure processes and services align closely with broader HR and labor relations strategies. The scope of responsibilities for this position include overseeing broad, complex and potentially sensitive issues and situations regarding end-to-end service delivery, recruiting and system management processes/functions.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs, coordinates, oversees, evaluates, and trains assigned staff.
- Design process and program improvements to address business needs, improve efficiency and user satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain resource documentation, including process mapping, training materials, and knowledge management.
- Functions as a strategic business advisor to executive and senior management of each department regarding key organizational and management issues including driving streamlined and standardized HR administrative processes while ensuring processes are user-friendly, efficient, documented, and governed.
- Provides leadership to center of excellent and recruitment teams; leads the design of process and program improvements to address business needs. Presenting recommended changes to Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors. Directs employee engagement events, which promote a high-performing inclusive and mission driven culture.
- Develops deployment strategies to deliver superior customer service, efficiency. Builds a metrics-driven division that leverages reporting and dashboards to provide actionable insight on service delivery, operations accuracy, effectiveness, and improvement.
- Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and programs relating to human resources; and ensures that all policies and procedures are implemented. Interprets and administers employment laws and personnel policies to applicants, employees and the general public providing advice and recommendation to stakeholders.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration or public administration or another related field; or a combination of education and experience. 5 years of experience may substitute for the educational requirement.
- 7-10 years in process improvement, process mapping, business efficiency work.
- 3 years of experience in supervision, in a medium size (500+ employees) organization.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma knowledge
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above may be considered.
- Master’s degree in human resources management, business administration or public administration or another related field
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification
- Transit experience
- PeopleSoft, ICIMS, Halogen
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Principles and practices of supervision and management
- Structured project methodologies and project planning tools
- Principles and best practices for process improvement, process mapping, information systems
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to comprehend and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Interpreting and applying applicable Federal, State and/or local laws, rules and regulations
- Developing, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures
- Supervision and development of direct staff. Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Conflict resolution, bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Strategic planning and project management skills
- Time management and organizational skills to achieve defined outcomes within given timeframes
- Proficient use of software applications products including word processing and spreadsheets
- Communicate verbally and in writing to express information and ideas clearly and to persuade
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Building strong relationships across the agency by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members thus creating a positive atmosphere for employees in the organization and within the division
- Being ethical, confidential and transparent
- Presentation skills
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Application and Selection Process:
- Only on-line applications accepted.
- Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
- This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing, please apply at: https://www.indeed.com/job/hr-manager-people-operations-ed12b2adfe1f3043
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.