HR Generalist Term Limited
December 31, 2019
$72,924 – $81,317 Hiring Range DOE
This position is characterized by assignments that are complex and sensitive in nature and require a high level of competence and understanding of a wide variety of HR functions. An incumbent provides all HR services to a specific client group; has responsibility for independent action, planning the work, using experienced judgment, solving problems, and the results of the work. Assigned duties require the exercise of judgment or choice among possible actions, sometimes without clear precedents yet with concern for the consequences of the action. This position may be required to provide lead functional or technical direction of paraprofessional or clerical employees.
- Five years of increasingly responsible HR experience. May substitute an AA degree in a closely related field for 1.5 years of this experience. A BA/BS degree in HR or a directly related field may substitute for 3 years of experience.
- Three years in-depth experience in a single functional area of HR, such as labor relations, compensation and benefits, staffing, Workers’ Compensation or HRIS.
- Working knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft or other HRIS system.
- Experience in public sector HR.
- Experience using ICIMS applicant tracking system
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CPCEBS or NPELRA certification preferred.
First consideration date 4/23
To apply: www.communitytransit.org.
Include a cover letter with your application.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.