Do you want to make a positive difference in Snohomish County? Are you looking for a team-centered environment to flourish while growing your skill set? Then this may be the opportunity for you!
Reporting directly to the HR Analyst, this position contributes to the success of Housing Hope by providing administrative support to the Human Resources, Administrative and Technology Department. The position requires a high amount of attention to detail, procedural “savvy” and the ability to handle multiple tasks with compassion and professionalism. The position is heavily focused on efficient handling of HR and Administrative processes, (Hiring, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, job description creation and processing) especially around key processes of benefits, hiring, orientation and filing. This is about 80-90% of the work load and requires an exceptional attention to detail, along with a high level of customer service.
Essential Job Duties:
HR / Admin Assistance
1. Set up new employees in HRIS, assist with data entry and reporting.
2. Assist in processing HR and benefits paperwork.
3. Schedule and conduct new employee orientations.
4. Maintain of job postings, reporting and hiring services.
5. Complete projects and data entry regularly.
6. Process background checks and driver abstracts.
7. Provide tours of the Housing Hope campus.
8. Exit interview processing and reporting.
9. Run errands as needed.
10. Provide setup, cleaning and take down of All Staff and other events when needed.
11. Assist HR Analyst on tasks as assigned.
Front Desk Backup
1. Provide daily backup and coverage of breaks for the Front Desk.
2. Fill in at the Front Desk role when the receptionist is out.
3. Coordinate mail processing and order supplies, deliver packages to post office.
4. Inter-office courier run between Housing Hope and HopeWorks.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Do routine cleanup as needed.
2. Assist as needed for backup at THCDC.
3. Participate in committees as directed or requested (Safety, FunHub).
4. Represent Housing Hope at assigned functions.
At least 2 years of experience in related field.
Typing 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
Ability to excel in a fast-paced, time-sensitive position.
Able to work collaboratively and productively as part of a flexible team.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Effective telephone and interpersonal communication skills required.
Well organized, ability to prioritize.
Routinely produces thorough and accurate work.
Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Professional presentation and appearance.
Procedure creation and follow-through skills.
Background with one of the following niches; employee benefits, new hiring onboarding,
procedural creation and follow-through.
Experience with HRIS.
Two years of experience in Human Resources or similar field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and extensively required
to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms,
may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to
complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to climb, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 lbs. frequently. Items
that are over 25 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment
for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to work in a general office environment as well as outdoor environment. Possible
exposure to weather—heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise.
We at Housing Hope are committed to excelling in creating a holistic, diverse, inclusive, uplifting
and appreciative environment. We endeavor to be inter-culturally competent in all our practices
and procedures. We embrace and practice a high standard of diversity and inclusion and strive for
equity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, veteran status,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, status in
regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you would like to be part of our team, please send:
1. Cover letter (if applicable)
3. Job application, found here