Hiring Range: 52,033 – $57,237
Community Transit is a public transportation leader for the Puget Sound Region. Each weekday up to 40,000 passengers rely on us to bring them home. It takes a dedicated team of employees who are passionate about the passenger to make this happen. At Community Transit our vision is together we will do the extraordinary so that people will always think transit first.
Provides administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. Supports staffing activities, schedules meetings, takes and publishes meeting minutes, maintains HR systems, reviews incoming documents, compiles information and generates reports. Deals with internal and external customers at all levels in occasionally difficult or sensitive situations.
- Three years of progressively responsible general administrative experience.
May substitute an associate degree in office occupations or business or closely related field for 18 months of this experience. A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or directly related field may substitute for 36 months of experience.
- Two years of experience performing highly detailed work involving sensitive or privileged information. For example, payroll, legal or medical data, test administration, recruiting and staffing, drug policy administration, grievance handling or substantially similar duties.
- Public transit, public agency experience.
- PeopleSoft experience
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Word, mail merge functions, formatting, use of tables, and other activities generally associated with intermediate proficiency.
- Excel, with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, graphs and reports, including pivot tables and linked worksheets.
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling.
- Time management, including priority setting and resetting.
- Group scheduling software applications including email.
- General office practices, correspondence and filing.
- Procedures for handling privileged or confidential documents.
- Principles of customer service, particularly in handling customer complaints.
Full job description, essential duties, minimum & entry level qualifications on our website. Only complete on-line applications with job history listed and resume will be considered. Applicants who meet minimum requirements may be scheduled for background check, tests and interviews to demonstrate knowledge, skills for the position. Apply online at www.communitytransit.org/jobs